Vote YES on A to give all Marin kids a strong start in life.
YES on A protects the health and safety of our children by providing after-school academic support and supervision, which studies show keep kids in school and away from alcohol, drugs and crime. It also provides health care services that make early detection and intervention in developmental, health and emotional problems possible for low-income families, improving a child’s long-term health and quality of life.
YES on A also prepares our youngest children for success in school by increasing access to quality preschool. Research shows that attending preschool has lasting, positive impacts on student academic performance in reading and math, dramatically reduces dropout and juvenile arrests rates, and improves a child’s chances of attending college.
Even in Marin, many underserved children need support. For example, one in every three Marin children does not attend preschool. Voting YES on A supports Marin children and families by:
- Ensuring all children have access to quality preschool education
- Expanding after-school and summer learning programs promoting reading, writing and math achievement
- Providing affordable child care for infants, toddlers and young children
- Expanding access to comprehensive health care services such as vision, dental and behavioral and mental health services for all children
Mandatory Fiscal Accountability:
- Measure A requires local control over local funds for local needs
- No money can be taken away by the State
- Independent citizens’ oversight, mandatory audits and annual reports are required to ensure funds are spent as promised
- Even with Measure A, our sales tax rate will remain the same as we currently pay due to a scheduled decrease in the statewide sales tax rate next year
Vote YES on A to keep Marin’s children healthy and safe and put them on the path to success.